I Love trees!

So it has come to my attention that I love trees, well not just trees but natural forms. They just look so damn cool. All the grooves and marks and interesting shading. With all of those put together it makes a really interesting texture. It is something that I find fascinating.




These are some sketches that I did at Bradgate Park, I really enjoyed using a fine liner. My cross hatching skills have actually gotten alot better and I am now so comfortable and confident with just using it straight onto paper. (As before I used to sketch in pencil and then use pen over the top)
I want to be able to do this within a landscape. Landscape scare the hell out of me, everything just looks wrong when I attempt one. But these have in a way given me a slight ego boost, they look good!
Maybe this is something to think about for a career...such as environments.

I have had this sudden passion for HGV, lorries. As I drive on the motor-way regularly, well everyday. I seem to get stuck behind a damn lorry and being so close to them it has made me look at them more, (yes I do still concentrate on driving) They are so damn cool! They are big and hefty in order to pull the heavy loads. They are just way cooler than these puny little cars that we all drive. It has made me think of a self directed project for myself over the Christmas holidays.
It would be perfect for me to continue with 3ds max over the holiday period as I didn't do anything last year and I want to keep busy and on top of things. Maybe just creating a Lorry front and a driver. It is weird how the lorry and the driver have a sort of similar style, they look the same in an odd way.

No comments:

Post a Comment